The ENCR Scientific Meeting and General Assembly provides the opportunity for all European cancer registries to have a face-to-face meeting. The purpose of the event is for the registries to share research findings, discuss cancer registration issues, exchange ideas and best practices, network, present epidemiological work based on cancer registry data and finally meet their representatives, the ENCR Steering Committee. The overarching topic will be Data Linkages and Cancer Registries.
Meeting venue: Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark – Address: Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Østerbro, Copenhagen. The entrance is under the 3 white balconies in the 4 story high building (see photo).
The meeting will run from 26 September (starts around 13:00) to 28 September (ends around 13:00). The language of the meeting and side events will be English.
|Abstract submission - New deadline||20 April 2018||31 May 2018|
|Request for financial support||15 June 2018||15 July 2018|
|Notification if financial support accepted||25 July 2018|
|Registration||15 June 2018||31 August 2018|
Abstract submission is now closed and abstracts are being reviewed.
Submitters should expect to be contacted with the final decision in the first two weeks of July 2018.
Each oral presentation slot is allocated 15 min. Presentations should not exceed 10 min, followed by 5 min of Questions & Answers.
Please provide your presentation to the organisers at least 30 min before the start of the session.
Poster presentation guidelines can be found here.
- Poster awards: Presenters interested in having their posters considered for the 2018 ENCR Poster Competition must send the ENCR Secretariat the poster in .pdf format until 16 September indicating they would like to be considered for the poster competition.
- Poster on the ENCR website: Presenters interested in having their posters published on the ENCR website, are invited to send the ENCR Secretariat the poster in .pdf format. Please include in your e-mail message the following sentence "I give my explicit consent to publish the pdf version of my poster on the ENCR website".
A preliminary agenda is available here.
Registration will be opened from 15 June until 31 August 2018, on a first come first served basis up to the conference room capacity. Please follow this link to register.
The European Commission Joint Research Centre, the Danish Cancer Society and the Danish Cancer Registry will sponsor the ENCR Scientific Meeting, covering the organisation, venue, coffee breaks, lunches and the social events. A limited budget is available for financial support to cover for travel and/or accommodation. Please follow this link to request for financial support. A single form may be used to request for financial support to both the ENCR-JRC Training on Data Coding and the ENCR Scientific Meeting.
If the number of requests for financial support will exceed the available budget, preference will be given to:
- applicant affiliated with a ENCR cancer registry
- applicant is coming from a lower-income country
- a single applicant per Organisation
- date of application received
Accommodation support may be restricted to 2 nights.
- Welcome reception
- Harbour Cruise
All registered participants are invited to the Welcome Reception at the Danish Cancer Society, in the evening of the first day (Wednesday 26 September 2018). The Welcome Reception is offered by the European Commission JRC.
The Harbour Cruise will be organised in the early evening of the second day (Thursday, 27 September). The Harbour cruise is jointly offered by the Danish Cancer Society and the Danish Cancer Registry. After the trip you may choose to continue your Copenhagen experience and have dinner in one of the nice restaurants in the harbour area, enjoying the wonderful view.
The social events are free of charge to all registered participants.
CONFERENCE SIDE EVENTS
- Training on Data Coding, Copenhagen, 25 September 2018 (separate registration)
- Workshop on Cancer Registry Data Protection, Copenhagen, 26 September 2018 (morning)
A list of possible hotels can be found here. All the hotels listed are convenient for public transportation to and from the airport and to and from the Danish Cancer Society.
Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive and participants are advised to look for the best alternatives.
Transportation in Copenhagen
Please plan your journey in this website
How to reach the Conference Venue:
- S train to Nordhavn Station – 6 minutes walk
- Bus line 1 to Triaglen – 8-10 minutes walk or shift to Bus line 3 and get off at Strandboulvarden 2 min walk
From Airport to hotel:
- Metro: For a cheap, fast and efficient journey, please take the metro from terminal 3 (every 5 minutes) – Almost 36 Dkk
- Train: For the central station in Copenhagen, please take the regional train (every 10 or 20 minutes pending on time of day) - Price is the same.
- Taxi: A Taxi can cost around 200 Dkk to the city center or 300 DKK to the Danish Cancer Society – compared to metro/train can be slower.
As a general suggestion, you can buy a city pass for the public transport (24, 48, 72 or 120 hours).
Please find it here where it can be downloaded to your phone.