ENCR Scientific Meeting and General Assembly 2014
12-14 November 2014, Ispra (Varese), Italy
Towards a harmonised cancer information system in Europe
The ENCR Scientific Meeting and General Assembly provide the opportunity for all European cancer registries to have a face-to-face meeting. The purpose of the event is for the registries to share research findings, discuss cancer registration issues, exchange ideas and best practices, network, present epidemiological work based on cancer registry data and finally meet their representatives, the ENCR Steering Committee.
The scientific sessions will cover topics such as:
- Availability, completeness and reliability of information collected by registries
- Clinical data: Integration and use of clinical datasets in population-based registries
- Privacy and data confidentiality issues: current national and EU regulations
- Coding issues such as extent of disease, haematological malignancies coding rules
date of diagnosis and multiple cancers
- Statistical methods and software for use of cancer registries
- Collaboration with public health, patients and non-governmental organizations
- Cancer burden in Europe: incidence, mortality, survival and prevalence
- Electronic data collection: new tools or old threats.
Meeting venue: the JRC-Ispra site, the third biggest Commission site after Brussels and Luxembourg, covers an area of 167 hectares and is located in Ispra (VA), a small town on the shore of Lake Maggiore in the province of Varese of the Lombardy region, Italy. After more than 50 years of development, Ispra is firmly established as one of Europe's leading research campuses. Nested in the beautiful setting of the Italian lakes, Ispra provides a fascinating, multicultural working environment for people from all over Europe and beyond. For more information on the Ispra site, please visit the JRC web page.
Further information and details coming soon.