The ENCR Scientific Meeting provides the opportunity for all European cancer registries to share research findings, discuss cancer registration issues, exchange ideas and best practices, network, present epidemiological work based on cancer registry data and finally meet their representatives, the ENCR Steering Committee.
The ENCR Scientific meeting will be organised virtually this time.
The organisation of the ENCR Scientific meeting is co-ordinated by the EC Joint Research Centre, hosting the ENCR Secretariat. Fees are waived by the organisers.
To submit your abstract, please fill in the online form with deadline 31 May 2021.
Topics under which authors can submit their abstracts:
- Cancer control
- Estimation of cancer burden
- Communication and visualisation of cancer data
- Data quality, control, and standards for cancer registries
- Cancer inequalities
- Co-morbidities in cancer patients
- Collection and use of treatment data
- COVID-19 pandemic and cancer registration
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The abstract title must be max 120 characters (including spaces) and typed in UPPER case. Titles should be indicative of the content of the abstract. All words necessary to identify the subject should be included in the title to facilitate electronic retrieval. Avoid non-standard abbreviations in abstract titles.
- Up to 10 authors can be included in the author list, including the corresponding author. Any additional authors will be replaced by "et al.". The list of contributors from Working Groups will be considered and displayed separately in dedicated pages of the conference programme book.
- The abstract body (not including title and authors) should contain no more than 2000 characters (including spaces). Abbreviations may be used in the body if they are defined when first mentioned in the text. Do not include any tables, pictures, references, or conflict disclosures.
- Please structure your abstract using the following sub-headings: i. Background; ii. Materials & Methods, iii. Results, iv. Conclusions
- Please check spelling and grammar carefully. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract: as your submitted abstract text will be electronically reproduced, any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data are likely to be published as submitted;
- A scientific committee will review the abstracts and will recommend acceptance (specifying selection for oral or poster presentation) or rejection.
- Authors will receive a notification on the evaluation of their respective abstracts via the email addressed specified during the abstract submission.
- All accepted abstracts will be published online in a book of abstracts.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to confirm their attendance and finalize their registration prior to final inclusion in the conference program.
The ENCR encourages the young European audience to also apply to the Enrico Anglesio Prize.
Registration will open 1 May, with deadline 15 October 2021.
The meeting will span three half days, in the mornings of 16-17-18 November 2021. A detailed programme will be available soon.